How it works – The Design Process
Every client and design process is unique, the number of steps varies depending on the complexity of the project and whether you’re building a new home, renovating or simply making a few small home improvements.
The Initial ConsultationAt this first meeting your designer will discuss all your thoughts in relation to the design of the project.
- Examining your current home, lifestyle and personality
- Size and types of spaces
- Developing your design brief, your aspirations and what’s important to you
- Review outline budgets and time scale
As a result of the initial consultation a concept scheme can be created.
- Produce a floor plan
- Structural modifications
- Furniture layouts
- Mood boards to demonstrate furnishings, color schemes, wall and window treatments along with fabrics and finishes
- A draft cost plan
Detailed DesignOnce all the elements in the concept design are agreed the project can move to Detailed Design and Specification stage.
- Every element of the scheme is designed and specified for the client to sign off
- At this stage we can propose, curate and install accessories as required
Costs & Product Purchases
Detail Design complete a cost plan can be created. This will set out and cost each element per room together with a summarised project total for the purchasing process.